Skip to main content

BSA206 Making my scene

For BSA206 I plan on doing a segment of the film that is the most unusual part of the environment. This is the moving mountains and the character who has to interact with them. I might also make some of the eyes that move around and look at the character too.
I can't model the mountain until Maya stops crashing though. It won't let me make anything at the moment.

Week 6 
I finally finished the mountains in Maya and experimented with Toon Shader, which really worked in helping me create a setting that looked other-worldly and unnatural. I then went to model the Eye-plants but Maya began to crash every time I tried to set the project again. This set me back for a couple of days again, which annoyed me a bit. I am hoping that I can get my account reset again so I will be able to finish modelling by the end of this week.

Week 7
I finished texturing my eye and I decided to try and make a simple custom rig for it as a bit of an experiment so I can see if I can make an Eyeplant which I can have more control in how it moves rather than just a bunch of moving.
I began to rotoscope one of the shots. I used toonboom harmony to do so.
I finally managed to finish the shot though. Four seconds took me a weekend to rotoscope!

Week 8
I'm still rotoscoping. I started the second shot this week. I tried to render out a shot of the mountains moving but the render failed, so now I'm gonna go home.

Week 9 
I'm continuing with rotoscoping, and started on the shot that has the hands coming out of the eyes. I chose to draw in the hands from my imagination in a 2D style, using ToonBoom. I havent finished the shot yet but I've done most of the line-work so far.

Week 10-11
I finished rotoscoping finally, and am now onto the point of animating and rendering out the backgrounds. I managed to get some of them rendered, but every background with eye plants in it, I am struggling to animate.
I am planning to draw a background on photoshop for space. I don't plan having much animation, if any in this as I kind of just want to get it over with by now.

I came up with some ideas to troubleshoot all the problems I am having with Maya. I think If I add some cut scenes I might be able to cut out all of the issues that I am having with the MASH network and blending the multiple animations. I decide to do a cut scene of the eye-plant growing using a basic rig, which I think I might have actually managed to make work this time. I am just rendering out the shot now and I am hoping that when it is done, it works with the rest. I added in another light as the one in the scene already was too dark and the shadow thrown by the eye plant was too hard and sharp. This means I will have to colour correct the background in AfterEffects. I am hoping I will be able to do this to a level that makes it blend seamlessly with the earlier rendered backgrounds.

Week 12-14 
I finished my clip and I put some sound to it. I made the sound using the library on the Y drive, and also a little bit from a royalty free song found online. I reversed a lot of the sounds to try to make them sound ugly and eerie. I put it all into a powerpoint presentation which I am just tidying up now and then it will be ready to submit!

Week 14-15
I presented my presentation, which was exciting.
Good Times.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BSA106 German Expressionism.

German Expressionism in film came about after WW1, after Germany lost the war. Germany wanted to revitalise the film industry and to create a better impression for the country. The German government subsidised the UFA (Universum-film AG), whose studios were the largest and best equipped in Europe. This became Germans golden age of cinema. German Expressionist film lasted from 1919 to 1933 when Adolf Hitler came into power. Unlike other Western films of that period that focused more so on creating realism, German Expressionism distorts reality to create an emotional effect. Expressionism films employed stylised set design, elaborate costuming, shadowy lighting that emphasises bold contrasts of dark and bright highlights and unnatural make-up. The settings are typically distorted and exaggerated, with key themes being madness, criminality and fracturing of identity. German Expressionism was a huge influence in developing the horror genre. They began to tell the story

BSA126 Animation Character - Tim Lockwood, Cloudy with a Chance of meatballs.

Tim Lockwood Tim Lockwood is Flint's father in 'Cloudy with A Chance of Meatballs'. I picked him because I think he is interesting because he doesn't have any eyes that we can see but the animators are able to show us his emotions purely by his eyebrow movements. Structurally, Tim's face is made up of very simple shapes, His eyebrows are a simple rectangle shape that has been given a hair-like texture design to show they are very bushy. His nose is also a rectangular shape with little realistic design apart from the flat rectangular shape. His mustache is similar to his eyebrows, only a slight curve to show gravity and to make his face seem more realistic. It also doubles as a mouth shape in many ways, similar to how his uni-brow doubles as eyes. The head shape itself is basically a conical shape with curving lines which indicates a chin. Tim Lockwood's personality is quite bland and conventional. Therefore, the shirt he wears is a pale, greyish b

BSA206 Animation History 1990s

Due to the success of The Simpsons , more experimental TV animation began emerging. The Tick was a 1994 animation that was based on Ben Edlund's absurdist superhero comic and adapted into an animated series by Fox. The Critic (1994) was created by The Simpsons writers. It is about a critic who hates contemporary films. Duckman  (1994) was created by Everett Peck and it was based on characters from his comic. It was aimed at an adult audience and Duckman was voiced by Jason Alexander from Sienfeld . The Big Story  depicts an argument between young Kirk Douglas and old Kirk Douglas. Quentin Tarantino liked it so much that he requested it to be played before Pulp Fiction screenings. The Big Story is a 1994 stop motion film that was nominated for an Oscar. It was created by Tim Watts and David Stoten who went on work on other films including working on the storyboards for Tim Burton's Corpse Bride . In 1995 Dave Brothwick created The Secret Adventures of T